IT project management is part project management, part technology operations and part general management. IT project managers plan, organize, and integrate cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
- General Experience in managing large scale projects (PMP is a plus)
- 5 years Experience in managing IT projects/Software development projects
- At least 3 years experience in managing projects with Public sector in Egypt
- Proven experience in managing at least 3 successful projects
Typical responsibilities include:
- Developing project plans, goals, and budgets
- identifying resources needed
- Developing schedules and methods for measuring results
- Guiding and performing strategic analysis for the project
- Organizing and managing all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion
- Assembling and coordinating project team members
- assigning individual responsibilities
- Preparing requests for proposals and conducting all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
- Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
Travel: can be frequent, particularly if working at consultancy level.
Working hours: mainly 9 to 5 but deadlines may require additional hours to be worked.
Location: Cairo office based, Clients are mainly in Cairo and some other governorates inside Egypt